The Difference Between Traditional and Modern Floor Stripping Techniques
Commercial floors experience high foot traffic, which can lead to them wearing down quickly if they’re not maintained. Floor stripping and waxing are one way to keep your floors looking like new.
Floor stripping involves removing old wax, dirt, and other build-up from a floor prior to reapplying wax or finish. It’s an excellent way to maintain the appearance and durability of your floor while removing any grime that can cause them to look discolored, dull, and worn. Build-up on your floors can also make them more difficult to clean.
Traditional Floor Stripping Vs. Modern Floor Stripping
Traditional floor stripping is a manual job that’s performed using a mop, bucket, and floor stripper solution. Since you have to scrub the floors manually, it can be a very time-consuming and physically demanding job. In some cases, it may not even remove all the build-up. One benefit of traditional floor stripping is that it’s very low-cost.
Modern floor stripping, on the other hand, often uses a floor stripping machine (or autoscrubber). These machines automate the floor stripping process and make it more efficient. Autoscrubbers use a combination of water, floor stripping solution, and brushes or pads to remove build-up from the floor.
Floor machines can strip a large area in a very short amount of time, and since the process is automated, the work is significantly less physically demanding. In addition, floor machines offer the ability to adjust speed, water and chemical dispensing, and vacuum recovery, which increases their effectiveness.
The Benefits of Autoscrubbers
As you can see, modern floor stripping techniques have several benefits over traditional methods. These include:
- Efficiency: Since autoscrubbers can strip build-up from a large area very quickly, modern methods are much more efficient and require less time and effort.
- Thoroughness: Floor machines can remove stubborn build-up and dirt that may be difficult to remove manually.
- Reduced physical demands: autoscrubbers eliminate manual scrubbing, which helps reduce the physical demands and reduces the risk of injury.
- Better consistency: Floor stripping machines provide a more consistent level of cleaning across the entire floor, which reduces missed or uneven spots.
- Improved safety: Since many floor machines have features that allow you to adjust the speed and vacuum recovery systems, there’s less risk of slips and falls; the spread of dust and chemicals is also minimized.
- Increased sustainability: Some floor stripping machines are designed to be environmentally friendly. They use less water than conventional floor machines, eco-friendly chemicals, and are energy efficient.
In short, modern autoscrubbers are a more effective, efficient, and safe way to strip floors compared to traditional manual methods!
Visit Bay Area Floor Machine for the Best Selection of Floor Machine Equipment
At Bay Area Floor Machine, we offer a large selection of high-quality, reliable floor stripping machines, as well as vacuums, burnishers, carpet cleaners, sweepers, truckmounts, accessories and commercial-grade disinfectants, and cleaning solutions. Stop in today to see what we have in stock or give us a call at (408) 971-1230.